The bathroom is often considered a woman’s domain, but what about the men? This is one room in the house where their requests are sometimes overlooked. We recently conducted an informal poll to find out just what it is men want in their bathroom, and we were surprised by some of the answers and not so surprised by others.
Some men wanted urinals in their home bathrooms. Flat screen TVs were a hit, not to mention accommodations for libations. A bathroom fridge, anyone? Certainly, there were requests for large showers, spa tubs and, oh yes, surround sound. One man dreamt of a basketball hoop. This is where we begin to see why some men don’t get final say as to what goes into the master bath.
Still, whether you’re a bachelor or a family man, maybe it’s time to start imagining your perfect bathroom. Here are some ideas to help you start dreaming.
- Full-length Urinals. Yes it’s true! Urinals can be added to your master bath with a touch of class. Imagine a urinal alcove surrounded by beautiful stone work. Designed properly, it doesn’t have to be in the line-of-site of the doorway and can even have a partial door on it to keep the look of the bathroom streamlined.
- Shaving Serenity. You can now install dimmable backlit mirrors that will ensure you never miss a hair while you’re shaving again!
- Color du Jour. If men had their druthers, would you always go with the traditional black, gray or black and white décor? Certainly not! Modern men aren’t afraid to add a splash of color here and there. The use of dark wood with white accents is clean-looking yet masculine. If you want to amp up the testosterone, consider having a custom-made countertop made out of wood with a live edge. This natural look is raw, sexy, yet still luxurious. Also consider having a mural painted by your favorite local artist – something no one else has, and most people will never see. Sky’s the limit!
- Music. Surround sound is a great idea, but if it’s not in your budget, you can easily install a waterproof Bluetooth speaker. Listen to music from your phone that plays through a mini speaker that suctions to the shower wall. It’s time to “wash-n-roll!”
- Custom Home Steam Room. Remember this is your dream bathroom, and what better way to dream than in your own private steam room? From minimalist to bamboo bliss, you can truly have it all now. Check out these designs for further inspiration.
When you’re ready to build that amazing bathroom, don’t forget to give us a call at 210-494-5400 for a free consultation. You can also fill out our online form to request more information.