What better way to embrace the new season and step out of the (not so) wintry gloom than by zhushing up your home with some spring-centric décor? Here’s what’s hot in home décor right now:
- Nothing says spring like a rich, verdant color palette. If you’ve never seen a bold green used as a wall color, you’re missing out. According to color psychologists, green is the color of growth, harmony and balance. If done properly with complementary design accents, such as patterned curtains and a funky chandelier, you can really make a room pop.
- Make a spring statement with flowers. Instead of going the traditional route by putting those flowers in a vase, why not create a hanging flower chandelier that can be the centerpiece of your living room, dining room or kitchen? First, you’ll need a structure, which can be a pre-made chandelier or one custom-made to your liking. You can use something as simple as a hoola hoop or a lattice made with reclaimed wood. By using an assortment of fishing line, florist tape and florist wire, you can attach and arrange the flowers however you see fit. Although fresh flowers would be stunning, they are difficult to maintain, so you might consider using some high end silk flowers instead. Check out this link for inspiration.
- Acrylic. According to Elle Décor, acrylic is in this season, with searches for acrylic décor increasing by 50%. Think tables and floating frames that bring your home into the future. As it’s compatible with any color scheme, acrylic can be a great addition to any room.
- Bronze. Across the board, bronze is being touted as the new black, so to speak. It can be used in a myriad different ways to enhance a space. The naturally warm tone lends the room a classic look that can be something you will enjoy for a long while. Sometimes, it’s nice when trends aren’t too outside the box, especially if you’re planning on spending a significant amount of money on redecorating.
- However, if you are willing to go big, butterflies are in this season in a beautiful way – from butterfly wallpaper to accent pieces. It might just be the season to inspire some spring bliss! Check out these clever butterfly containers for inspiration:
We would love to visit with you about the other home ideas you may have. You can give us a call at 210-494-5400 to set up a free consultation or fill out our online form to request more information.