We may not be living in the car-flying, gadget-crazy world of that beloved cartoon The Jetsons yet, but there’s no denying that technology is leading us towards a more Utopian lifestyle. The modern home can be equipped with all sorts of gadgets, from the useful to the ridiculous. Here are just a few you might want to consider for your new or existing home.
- For a shockingly low price ($49.99), you can outfit your home with a Smart Home System from Wink Smart Home Hub. Wink Hub accommodates nearly every smart home wireless connection standard but doesn’t require additional hubs for operation. You can find it at Home Depot.
- If you like smart systems, you might also appreciate Amazon Echo’s smart speaker. Using Bluetooth technology, it has multiple voice-activated features that work in tandem with other smart home gadgets and hubs. Without lifting a finger, you can listen to audio books, check the weather and purchase more “smart” things online!
- You can enjoy hands-free entertainment in your very own kitchen with Samsung’s amazing new four-door fridge. This Wi-Fi enabled icebox comes with a screen that you can load with photos, a calendar, news, a notepad and recipes.
- Lucy is a solar-powered and “intelligent” light that uses mirror technology to light your house by following the sun and reflecting its natural rays. It looks like a modern piece of art but will save on your electricity bill and impress your tech savvy friends at the same time.
- What’s the point of having a perfectly-built bedroom, if you can’t get comfortable? Thanks to NASA, you can now purchase temperature-controlled sheets for your bed called Outlast sheets. Using high-tech developed by NASA scientists, these sheets contain tiny capsules that absorb heat when you get hot and release it when you’re cold. How cool is that?!
- We know the time and effort that goes into decorating your home to create just the right ambiance, so why ruin it with a bulky flat screen TV when you can have an invisible TV?! Well, maybe not invisible, but it is transparent. The transparent TV designed by Michael Friebe is a fantastic piece of tech – a conventional LCD combined with the latest TOLED display technology.
Now all you need is a gorgeous new home for all those savvy gadgets. Give us a call at 210-494-5400 to get started. To be added to our private email list to receive the newsletter, please sign up here.