Spring has finally sprung in San Antonio, and now it’s time to start sprucing up your home to reflect the blossoming surroundings. If you’re needing some inspiration, we’ve got you covered!
First thing’s first, before you can even think about adding something new to your home, you’ve got to get rid of the old. It’s time to go through your closets, garage, spare bedrooms and even kitchen cupboards and toss or donate what’s not working for you anymore. A good rule of thumb is if you haven’t used it in the last 6 months then it’s likely (unless they’re holiday knickknacks) that you’re not going to use them in the next six months either. Here are a few tips to help get rid of that winter funk:
- Air out your pillows, blankets and comforters by hanging them on a clothesline for a day. That Spring scent on your pillows will do wonders for a good night’s sleep.
- When’s the last time you cleaned your ceiling fan? We know… we can’t remember either. Now’s a good time to clean them off and give them a nice coat of furniture polish. Spinning all that dust around does nothing but kick up your allergies.
- Likewise, we often overlook window and door screens. Use a scrap of carpeting to easily brush off all the built-up winter residue. This is a great job for the kids!
- For cleaning the refrigerator, everyone’s favorite chore, go green by using a combo of salt and soda water to get it spick and span in a jiffy.
Now, for the fun part! Who doesn’t want to spruce up their palace with all of the Spring-inspiring colors and infinite décor and design ideas that abound, but let’s start small.
- The easiest way to bring Spring into your home is to fill it with beautiful plants that do well indoors. We suggest some vibrant purple or indigo violets that will make you smile every time you walk into a room. African violets are some of the easiest houseplants to manage, which is good when you’re on the go. You might also consider hydrangea, hibiscus, a shrimp plant, flowering maple or peace lily, which also flourish indoors. Simple green, leafy plants are all the rage this season so now blooming required to give your house a touch of lushness.
- Since Fiesta is upon us, why not adorn your front door with a festive wreath of colorful ribbons and cascarones? If you want to be more Spring-centric, consider a beautiful floral monogramed wreath that will last well beyond the fiesta madness.
- Macreme is back in style, as well as fringing, tassels and feathers on all things from throws to rugs and wall hangings. They give your home a cozy rustic quality with just a few simple accessories.
- If you’re looking for a more permanent change, consider the trending fashion-forward gelato colors – think orange and raspberry sherbet – to liven any room. Add these pretty colors to a single wall for a touch of Spring shine, or more if you’re in the mood to be bold. Accessorize with some pastel colored vases, dining chairs and plates. We like Fiestaware, which is elegant yet colorful.
Finally, if you’re ready to really go bold, let’s get started on your new dream home! Schedule a free consultation using our online form or give us a call at 210-494-5400.