San Antonio is truly the best of both worlds. While it’s a big city with all the perks – great restaurants, international airport, and even Uber – at heart, San Antonio still maintains a small-town feel and community of people where family is always the number one priority. Here’s why we think it’s the best place to make a home and raise a family:
- Kid-Friendly Museums. Both the Witte Museum and the DoSeum children’s museum have spent millions of dollars to create environments where kids not only have fun but learn in the process. The Witte focuses on both science and culture. Their newly renovated space has a permanent dinosaur exhibit, a revolutionary interactive wellness exhibit and so much more. The Doseum is a wonderland for kids of all ages, with places to play, explore and create, from “Spy Academy” to “Little Town.” Both museums also offer a free night for families.
- Parks. San Antonio is filled with some of the most amazing parks. You can get lost among the bike trails at McAllister Park, explore the Greenway Trails from one side of the city to another. You can walk, bike or run along this beautiful 52-mile trail system. Phil Hardberger Park, on the northside, is another popular option for families and also has a playground for the kiddos. However, the ultimate park for kids may just be Brackenridge Park, where they can ride the mini train, feed the ducks and families can barbecue and relax on weekend afternoons. Be sure to get there early to get a good spot!
- Safe and Inexpensive. According to real estate site, Movoto, Texas is the most family-friendly state in the nation. The cost of living is low, and the cost of building a house is still low, particularly when compared to other metropolitan cities. Considering its size, San Antonio maintains short commutes and a surprisingly low crime rate as well.
- Education. From High Schools to Colleges, San Antonio offers a wide variety of educational opportunities. We have one of the top 10 magnate schools right here in town – the North East School of the Arts, as well as the always impressive UTSA, not to mention private colleges, such as Trinity and Incarnate Word. All of these offer students an excellent education right here at home.
- The Food. We mentioned it before, but we’ll say it again. One of our favorite reasons to raise a family here is because of the food. From inexpensive Tex-Mex (the best in Texas) to chef-driven restaurants run by the most amazing chefs graduating from our own Culinary Institute of America (perfect for date nights when you can find a babysitter). Yes, we have it all!
If you’re thinking of relocating to San Antonio, give call us at 210-494-5400 to set up a free consultation. We’ll not only help you build your dream home, but we’ll help you find the right place to live for you and your family. If you wish to be added to our private email list for our newsletter, please sign up here.