We know that if you have children, deciding which area of town to live in is of paramount importance, primarily because you want to be within the best school district possible. Here are some insights to better help you make an educated decision.
1. K12.niche.com ranks school districts based on statistics, both parent and student reviews as well as expert opinions. Factors include test scores, college preparedness, graduation rates, SAT/ACT scores, teacher quality and more.
Based on that, they have determined that the top 10 districts in San Antonio and surrounding areas are (in order): Alamo Heights Independent School District, Boerne Independent School District, Lackland Independent School District, Randolph Field Independent School District, North East Independent School District, Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City Independent School District, Falls City Independent School District, Fort Sam Houston Independent School District, Kerrville Independent School District, and Three Rivers Independent School District.
2. According to mysanantonio.com, Curington Elementary School in the Boerne Independent School District ranked No. 1 out of 100 for San Antonio-area elementary schools.
3. Based on greatschools.org, other highly-ranked elementary schools in San Antonio include Encino Park, Heubner, Roan Forest, Blattman, and Hardy Oak.
4. If you would rather do your own research, as opposed to relying on the experts, some tips to get you started include talking to the parents as well as the kids at the school you’re looking into; review the state education department’s website and find the school’s profile to see test scores and more; beware if the district has a revolving door when it comes to the superintendent; if you’re evaluating a middle school, make sure they encourage the study of algebra.
5. Three additional red flags include dirty school hallways, unhappy students in the kindergarten class, and lack of school transportation.
Regardless of where you decide to live, we can build you a home fit for a king and queen and assorted princes and princesses too. Please call us at 210-494-5400 for a consultation. If you wish to be added to our private email list for our newsletter, please sign up here.